Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Must Watch --- John Akii- Bua, An African Tragedy

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Must Watch --- John Akii- Bua, An African Tragedy

Postby Fatso » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:08 am

I had to go back into the archives to find stuff about this great African after i heard a Ugandan won gold in the Marathon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY2s6ihFrvk
Fatso
BSc
BSc

Postby papalove » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am

John Akii Bua was drawn in lane 1 randomly they claimed -
as if it's beyond them to manipulate and put him in lane 1 deliberately.
laughable
papalove
MSc
MSc

Postby Paa Panyin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Amazing runner, and really a true champion. Wondering if the production has been shown on Ghanaian TV. In addition to the story of the man, cautionary tale about what happens to a nation, when you destroy its institutions....if we want to grow athletes and not only footballers, the Prison Service, the Police, the primary and secondary schools and all those other institutions have to be part of the ecosystem of unearthing and developing talent.

I can remember back in the early 70s the Ghanaian throwers lived not too far from us in the Airport Residential Area, they were with Ghana Police and posted to KIA and although they never won anything, they were massive men lifting weights even back then, and competing and repping Ghana....now we send 12 administrators and 9 athletes and win nothing....Dr. Dodoo back to basics, build an ecosystem of connected parts and institutions to bring Ghana Athletics back, won't name names here but there are people who want to be part of the solution, even in Ghana, reach out to some of the old athletes to guide your work...maybe Rio only 4 years away is not feasible, but in 2020 we should have atlhetes competing for medals.
Paa Panyin
SSS
SSS

Return to Other Sports