Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Jamaica Don Shatter 4 by 100 Yet Again!!!

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:28 pm

truemamamia wrote:There was an Ntiamoah guy in the 4x100 finals. Running for Australia though. :lol:
i know :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20313
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby Nana Adjei » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm

keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
dopestyzo wrote:I will not be surprised if some members of the Jamaican team fails a doping test. The whole team is surprisingly too good.
I might be just jealous but... hmm makaa maka!


You guys have started your nonsense talks again? Nonsense, only the United States is supposed to be too good for anything. Did you say the same thing when US women shattered a twenty years old record in the women 4 *100?


Nonsense. People accused the US of doping when they won in the past. So go sit down somewhere with your inferiority complex. If you think the US women who set the 4 X 100 world record are clean, then I am the Pope.


You are such a sad fellow. Do you know a person with inferiority complex when you see one? Nonsense. Read what I wrote again? Tell me where inferiority complex lies in my line of argument. Oh, I have always thought you are the Pope? At least, that is how you have operated on this forum?
User avatar
Nana Adjei
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2458
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Postby keen observer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Nana Adjei wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
dopestyzo wrote:I will not be surprised if some members of the Jamaican team fails a doping test. The whole team is surprisingly too good.
I might be just jealous but... hmm makaa maka!


You guys have started your nonsense talks again? Nonsense, only the United States is supposed to be too good for anything. Did you say the same thing when US women shattered a twenty years old record in the women 4 *100?


Nonsense. People accused the US of doping when they won in the past. So go sit down somewhere with your inferiority complex. If you think the US women who set the 4 X 100 world record are clean, then I am the Pope.


You are such a sad fellow. Do you know a person with inferiority complex when you see one? Nonsense. Read what I wrote again? Tell me where inferiority complex lies in my line of argument. Oh, I have always thought you are the Pope? At least, that is how you have operated on this forum?


Were you not the first to mention the US? What has the US got to do with this? If that is not inferiority then i wonder what is.
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 57570
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby KD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm

el Padrino wrote:
KD wrote:
el Padrino wrote:
Obielord wrote:
keen observer wrote:
.....Blake was cleared of any wrongdoing but Jamaica's anti-doping commission insisted he serve a three-month ban regardless.....


Keyword..."Cleared of any wrongdoing"
Jesus stop shifting posts. The guy was banned.


But he was banned because of the timing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: chale, how far? 8)


I dey for you sah :wink:
User avatar
KD
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 42286
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: On GW

Postby KD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm

keen observer wrote:
KD wrote:
el Padrino wrote:
Obielord wrote:
keen observer wrote:
.....Blake was cleared of any wrongdoing but Jamaica's anti-doping commission insisted he serve a three-month ban regardless.....


Keyword..."Cleared of any wrongdoing"
Jesus stop shifting posts. The guy was banned.


But he was banned because of the timing

Se am too? :roll: :roll: :roll:


He was banned because the World Championships were coming up and his people didn't want any problems. Read your own link
User avatar
KD
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 42286
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: On GW

Postby keen observer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm

KD wrote:
keen observer wrote:
KD wrote:
el Padrino wrote:
Obielord wrote:
keen observer wrote:
.....Blake was cleared of any wrongdoing but Jamaica's anti-doping commission insisted he serve a three-month ban regardless.....


Keyword..."Cleared of any wrongdoing"
Jesus stop shifting posts. The guy was banned.


But he was banned because of the timing

Se am too? :roll: :roll: :roll:


He was banned because the World Championships were coming up and his people didn't want any problems. Read your own link


You must be kidding me.
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 57570
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:17 pm

keen observer wrote:
KD wrote:
keen observer wrote:
KD wrote:
el Padrino wrote:
Obielord wrote:
keen observer wrote:
.....Blake was cleared of any wrongdoing but Jamaica's anti-doping commission insisted he serve a three-month ban regardless.....


Keyword..."Cleared of any wrongdoing"
Jesus stop shifting posts. The guy was banned.


But he was banned because of the timing

Se am too? :roll: :roll: :roll:


He was banned because the World Championships were coming up and his people didn't want any problems. Read your own link


You must be kidding me.


But he has a point. The guy was banned for a substance which wasnt an offence back then. certainly it had something to do with the world championship
truemamamia
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 32423
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:43 pm

Postby keen observer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:24 pm

truemamamia wrote:
But he has a point. The guy was banned for a substance which wasnt an offence back then. certainly it had something to do with the world championship


Read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8194466.stm

..It has launched an appeal based on evidence that methylxanthine contains a similar structure to tuaminoheptane, which is listed as a stimulant in the WADA list of unauthorised substances..

I don't see any mention of timing in any of the articles.
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 57570
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby Nana Adjei » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 pm

keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
dopestyzo wrote:I will not be surprised if some members of the Jamaican team fails a doping test. The whole team is surprisingly too good.
I might be just jealous but... hmm makaa maka!


You guys have started your nonsense talks again? Nonsense, only the United States is supposed to be too good for anything. Did you say the same thing when US women shattered a twenty years old record in the women 4 *100?


Nonsense. People accused the US of doping when they won in the past. So go sit down somewhere with your inferiority complex. If you think the US women who set the 4 X 100 world record are clean, then I am the Pope.


You are such a sad fellow. Do you know a person with inferiority complex when you see one? Nonsense. Read what I wrote again? Tell me where inferiority complex lies in my line of argument. Oh, I have always thought you are the Pope? At least, that is how you have operated on this forum?


Were you not the first to mention the US? What has the US got to do with this? If that is not inferiority then i wonder what is.[/quote

So I mentioned US and that constitutes inferiority complex? Is that how you conceptualize inferiority complex? The next thing you will tell me is your ontology to the argument?
User avatar
Nana Adjei
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2458
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Postby KD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 pm

keen observer wrote:You must be kidding me.


From your own link

As the panel would resolve the issue after the World Championships, the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association took the precaution of withdrawing Blake from the relay race.[19]
User avatar
KD
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 42286
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: On GW

Postby keen observer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Nana Adjei wrote:
So I mentioned US and that constitutes inferiority complex? Is that how you conceptualize inferiority complex? The next thing you will tell me is your ontology to the argument?


Yes, because the US has nothing to do with the topic under discussion.
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 57570
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby keen observer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:43 pm

KD wrote:
keen observer wrote:You must be kidding me.


From your own link

As the panel would resolve the issue after the World Championships, the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association took the precaution of withdrawing Blake from the relay race.[19]


I am talking about the ban. No one is talking about why Jamaica withdrew him. We are talking about the fact that he was banned 3 months. :idea:
banning him 3 months had nothing to do with timing!!
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 57570
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby dopestyzo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Obielord wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
dopestyzo wrote:I will not be surprised if some members of the Jamaican team fails a doping test. The whole team is surprisingly too good.
I might be just jealous but... hmm makaa maka!


You guys have started your nonsense talks again? Nonsense, only the United States is supposed to be too good for anything. Did you say the same thing when US women shattered a twenty years old record in the women 4 *100?


Nonsense. People accused the US of doping when they won in the past. So go sit down somewhere with your inferiority complex. If you think the US women who set the 4 X 100 world record are clean, then I am the Pope.


There's a difference between thinking somebody did something and stating it like it is a fact.


All im saying is that, I will not be shocked. I don't believe all of the Americans are clean either. Competitive advantage will always be explored and it did not start from our generation. Doping is always ahead of the game.
dopestyzo
SSS
SSS
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:29 pm

Postby Yardie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:11 am

Obielord wrote:
Yardie wrote:
A phi A Man wrote:
Yardie wrote:f&%k blake though. I bet that dude i still using doping


Blake effed ur gurl or some'n?
why dont u like dude?
lol I just dont like former cheaters


You confused moron... You don't know the difference between Blake and Gatling? :roll: :roll:
i know the difference betweem gatlin and blake. Blake have cornrows and gatlim has a clean cut and i know damn well gatlin got banned
User avatar
Yardie
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2855
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Stockholm

Postby Fatso » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:42 am

Jamaica, which has a population a touch under three million, has such strength in depth that they could have run an entire alphabet of reserve teams, never mind just a 'B' side. There are 11 men on the island who have run the 100m in 10 seconds or under, something only four British men have ever done. Cut them a little more slack and one finds there are 17 Jamaicans who have run the Olympic 100m qualifying time of 10.18sec in the last four months alone.

Jamaica had already run four of the five fastest 4x100m times in history, one in the heats here and the other three in the finals of the last three major athletics championships, the Worlds in Berlin and Daegu and the Beijing Olympics. They used a rotating of seven different men to do it. They have five of the 10 fastest sprinters in history to choose from, and that is before considering the 200m specialists like Warren Weir. So the fact that they were missing Asafa Powell, because of the groin strain he suffered in the 100m final last Saturday, was hardly likely to hamper them much. Brilliantly, after Jamaica and the USA, the third fastest relay team in history is not Great Britain, Russia, France or Trinidad & Tobago but the Racers Track Club, whose quartet from Kingston performed the feat in 2009.

They can do it without Powell, they could probably do it without Bolt too. Some day soon they may have to. Bolt says he wants to retire by the time he is 30. That will be almost exactly after the Rio Olympics. He has said that when he goes home and reminisces about the journey he has been on, he may shed a tear or two. They could be the same tears that Alexander the Great cried when he realised he had no worlds left to conquer.


F*uck you KO. Big up, Cousins. :idea: What doping? You had been saying the same crap 6 years ago. The U.S tied the world record that the Jamaicans had but still got smoked. O what a joy to hear the utterance from a Rasta. Jamaicans are unique. One of the few black people who are so proud of their African heritage. They even gave us our national colours. If you can root for them, the shove your boomboclatt self-hating black arse somewhere.
User avatar
Fatso
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 9648
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: Winnetka, Illinois

Postby Niikwame » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 am

Q' lypse wrote:
truemamamia wrote:There was an Ntiamoah guy in the 4x100 finals. Running for Australia though. :lol:
i know :lol: :lol:

there was a macho man from Obielord's hometown trying to run for The Netherlands..i don't even know if he qualified for the games mpo :lol:
Niikwame
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:14 pm
Location: Rochester

Postby Q' lypse » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:52 am

Fatso wrote:Jamaica, which has a population a touch under three million, has such strength in depth that they could have run an entire alphabet of reserve teams, never mind just a 'B' side. There are 11 men on the island who have run the 100m in 10 seconds or under, something only four British men have ever done. Cut them a little more slack and one finds there are 17 Jamaicans who have run the Olympic 100m qualifying time of 10.18sec in the last four months alone.

Jamaica had already run four of the five fastest 4x100m times in history, one in the heats here and the other three in the finals of the last three major athletics championships, the Worlds in Berlin and Daegu and the Beijing Olympics. They used a rotating of seven different men to do it. They have five of the 10 fastest sprinters in history to choose from, and that is before considering the 200m specialists like Warren Weir. So the fact that they were missing Asafa Powell, because of the groin strain he suffered in the 100m final last Saturday, was hardly likely to hamper them much. Brilliantly, after Jamaica and the USA, the third fastest relay team in history is not Great Britain, Russia, France or Trinidad & Tobago but the Racers Track Club, whose quartet from Kingston performed the feat in 2009.

They can do it without Powell, they could probably do it without Bolt too. Some day soon they may have to. Bolt says he wants to retire by the time he is 30. That will be almost exactly after the Rio Olympics. He has said that when he goes home and reminisces about the journey he has been on, he may shed a tear or two. They could be the same tears that Alexander the Great cried when he realised he had no worlds left to conquer.


F*uck you KO. Big up, Cousins. :idea: What doping? You had been saying the same crap 6 years ago. The U.S tied the world record that the Jamaicans had but still got smoked. O what a joy to hear the utterance from a Rasta. Jamaicans are unique. One of the few black people who are so proud of their African heritage. They even gave us our national colours. If you can root for them, the shove your boomboclatt self-hating black arse somewhere.


kai!!


where have u been hiding these days?
User avatar
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 20313
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Chengdu, China

Postby JahGuideI » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 am

Obielord wrote:
Yardie wrote:
A phi A Man wrote:
Yardie wrote:f&%k blake though. I bet that dude i still using doping


Blake effed ur gurl or some'n?
why dont u like dude?
lol I just dont like former cheaters


You confused moron... You don't know the difference between Blake and Gatling? :roll: :roll:


Massa he's not confused or anything. Blake failed a test for stimulants in '09 and got banned for 3 months
User avatar
JahGuideI
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Buckeye State

Postby Nana Adjei » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:10 am

keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
So I mentioned US and that constitutes inferiority complex? Is that how you conceptualize inferiority complex? The next thing you will tell me is your ontology to the argument?


Yes, because the US has nothing to do with the topic under discussion.


So you think; US women set new world record in the 4*100 relay; a record that has not been broken for 20 years and nobody on this forum raise any issue of substance abuse. The next day, Jamaica men set new world record in in the same 4*100 relay; bear in mind that this record is just 3 years old and some forum members are raising suspicion of doping. And your smart mind tells you US has no place in this discussion;therefore, whoever bring US in the discussion is suffering from inferiority complex?

I hope you don't use words for the sake of writing. If you indeed meant what you said then I am more disappointed than you can imagine.
User avatar
Nana Adjei
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 2458
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Postby keen observer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Nana Adjei wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Nana Adjei wrote:
So I mentioned US and that constitutes inferiority complex? Is that how you conceptualize inferiority complex? The next thing you will tell me is your ontology to the argument?


Yes, because the US has nothing to do with the topic under discussion.


So you think; US women set new world record in the 4*100 relay; a record that has not been broken for 20 years and nobody on this forum raise any issue of substance abuse. The next day, Jamaica men set new world record in in the same 4*100 relay; bear in mind that this record is just 3 years old and some forum members are raising suspicion of doping. And your smart mind tells you US has no place in this discussion;therefore, whoever bring US in the discussion is suffering from inferiority complex?

I hope you don't use words for the sake of writing. If you indeed meant what you said then I am more disappointed than you can imagine.


A thread was started and I amongst others commented on it. If you think Camerlita Jeter is not using, then you have more problems than the Greece government.
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 57570
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest