Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Ghanains at the Olympics

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Postby Empire of Victory » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:37 am

We don't have an Olympic culture...

It is becoming self-evident that we are a footballing country and should focus on developing the sport to the world class level.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think if we had a serious administrator that put a 4 year plan together and cared for the Olympics we would do decently...

I am not saying we would dominate but, we could compete favorably in many sports.

BTW Fock Olympic boxing!! I was watching some of it and the level of criminality and robbing is absurd!! Being selected as a winner is often equivalent to tossing a coin!!!!!

Good luck to those remaining :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Despite the odds I think they will do alright!!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning. We are the new Black Stars an African footballing EMPIRE!

Re: Ghanains at the Olympics

Postby Xerxes » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:13 am

kuro be so Hene wrote:Margaret Simpson has pulled out. Big blow.

Why is it a big blow? Were you expecting any medals? If yes, then don't because we did not prepare for anything. In just two or three consecutive Olympics, an individual single-handedly won a certain number of medals that we as a country have not been able to equal since we started participating in the Olympics. People who claim to be in charge of our affairs see these things, admire them, and yet don't learn anything. It's disheartening and embarrasing.

We did not invest in the athletes so don't expect anything from them. They've done their best giving the conditions.
Last edited by Xerxes on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xerxes
BSc
BSc

Postby B DIDDY » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:37 am

omg did anyone see our boxer vs the irish guy?

dude was losing 12-5 at the start of the third round and come out celebrating and making hand gestures to the crowd :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B DIDDY
Phd
Phd

Re: Ghanains at the Olympics

Postby kuro be so Hene » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 am

Xerxes wrote:
kuro be so Hene wrote:Margaret Simpson has pulled out. Big blow.

Why is it a big blow? Were you expecting any medals? If yes, then don't because we did not prepare for anything. In just two or three consecutive Olympics, an individual single-handedly won a certain number of medals that we as a country have not been able to equal since we started participating in the Olympics. People who claim to be in charge of our affairs see these things, admire them, and yet don't learn anything. It's disheartening and embarrasing.

We did not invest in the athletes so don't expect anything from them. They've done their best giving the conditions.

No I wasn't, but I always hoped for a little more from margret. Maybe a top 10 finish. At one point Young, versatile and a world bronze medalist. Margret is 33 now and this will likely be her last Olympics. I can't argue with much of what you said though.
kuro be so Hene
BSc
BSc

Postby Empire of Victory » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:10 am

If we are serious about the Olympics we need a 4 year plan!

1) Identify the sports we are interested in and can compete in favorably...
2) Find the athletes by looking all over the country North to South and recruiting them young and getting them the training.
3)Create Ideal conditions... At the world class level detail matters because, the difference between very good and world class is very small. Thus, creating the right environment makes all the difference....
4) Money money money... MONEY!!! To compete favorably with the best natural talent can take you very far in cheap sports if you GET THE AVENUE to display it but, to compete with the best you have to have access to what the best have..

If we start with these 4 steps I guarantee GH will at least partly paint the world Red, Gold, and Green with a Black Star sooner than later!!!

:P :P :P

Football is the sport we are closest to reaching the world class level on and it has taken over 60 years....

With a good 4 to 20 year play we can compete favorably in the Olympics...
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Location: Winners Club: It's about winning. We are the new Black Stars an African footballing EMPIRE!

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:24 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

sad sad
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:32 am

Q' lypse wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:

sad sad

We need overhaul in our athletics in SSS/high schools and colleges. There needs to a better organization and leadership. If we can recruits different Olympiads of the various competitions to head the various disciplines to compete in an organized national event it would be very helpful.

What we have now are just mercenaries, who have no intention of competing or winning, they just want to get the monies for showing up.
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby Paddyreus » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 am

Akokora Gyeene wrote:
Q' lypse wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:

sad sad

We need overhaul in our athletics in SSS/high schools and colleges. There needs to a better organization and leadership.

If we can recruits different Olympiads of the various competitions to head the various disciplines to compete in an organized national event it would be very helpful.

What we have now are just mercenaries, who have no intention of competing or winning, they just want to get the monies for showing up.

I am afraid this will not solve any problem.
Paddyreus
Phd
Phd

Postby Charles H.I.C Sackey » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 am

We said all this four years ago and we are here four years later talking about it again. Nothing will change.

Ghanaian boxers have become smarter. They know that unless they make it outside Ghana their faces will be battered for close to nothing.
This is a country where the man sitting in the comfort of his useless office makes 200 times more than the dude sweating and fighting out there.
Charles H.I.C Sackey
BSc
BSc

Postby Paddyreus » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:45 am

Charles H.I.C Sackey wrote:We said all this four years ago and we are here four years later talking about it again. Nothing will change.

Ghanaian boxers have become smarter. They know that unless they make it outside Ghana their faces will be battered for close to nothing.
This is a country where the man sitting in the comfort of his useless office makes 200 times more than the dude sweating and fighting out there.

Time for those of us who feel we are or know of other who are competent to come out from hiding.
Paddyreus
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 am

B DIDDY wrote:omg did anyone see our boxer vs the irish guy?

dude was losing 12-5 at the start of the third round and come out celebrating and making hand gestures to the crowd :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: concert
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby paabo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:53 am

Mido wrote:OMG ...look at the picture
Our boxer dey fia blow :lol: :lol: :lol:

.. LIKE a footballer wey dey fia ball (I know of one but this is not the time for bashing Adiyiah)

Team Ghana not getting any laurels :oops:
paabo
Professor
Professor

Postby Paddyreus » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
B DIDDY wrote:omg did anyone see our boxer vs the irish guy?

:lol: :lol: concert
:lol: :lol: :lol: [h]i[n]diot
Paddyreus
Phd
Phd

Postby truemamamia » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:46 pm

In the history of the Olympics Ghana has won less than 5 medals. The gold medal continues being elusive....its not easy. :P
truemamamia
Phd
Phd

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:52 pm

truemamamia wrote:In the history of the Olympics Ghana has won less than 5 medals. The gold medal continues being elusive....its not easy. :P

Michael Phelps don achieve past us in just one Olympics.... in his lifetime 21 medals 18 gold
Last edited by Akokora Gyeene on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Like I said we have no olympic culture!!!
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Akokora Gyeene wrote:

:lol: you right about that.. mercenaries is a better of way of describing them
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Charles H.I.C Sackey wrote:Ghanaian boxers have become smarter. They know that unless they make it outside Ghana their faces will be battered for close to nothing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Q' lypse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Akokora Gyeene wrote:
truemamamia wrote:In the history of the Olympics Ghana has won less than 5 medals. The gold medal continues being elusive....its not easy. :P

Michael Phelps don achieve past us in just one Olympics.... in his lifetime 21 medals 18 gold
kinda like a single individual in the US being richer than Ghana :? , ow
Q' lypse
Phd
Phd

Postby Empire of Victory » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Q' lypse wrote:
Akokora Gyeene wrote:

kinda like a single individual in the US being richer than Ghana :? , ow

Bill gates is almost there w/ regard to purchasing power parity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

At the pace we are growing in 10 years it won't even be close!! Gates wealth has peaked!! He earned it though!! Most of you are running his software right now!!! :D :D :D :D
Empire of Victory
Phd
Phd

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports