Display optionsMobile website

Discussion Forums

Serena wins 5th Wimbledon title in 3 sets

Basketball, Golf, Volleyball etc

Moderator: deciiva

Postby keen observer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Post wrote:
keen observer wrote:
damian wrote:
And coming from ITF and WTA's main site is still not credible enough?


I mentioned laziness and sloppiness, not credibility. You will not find an article from 10 years ago calling it a grand slam title.
I can see this same trend forcing its way into golf, but the purist have held it at bay. 5 years from now, someone wins a major in golf and they will be calling it a grand slam title too..


Nonsense! Do you have a journalism degree or even a certificate?

And do not confuse the issue by bringing in Golf. Is there something like winning a Grand Slam in Golf before a Grand Slam Title in Golf springs up

Make coherent arguments.

And if you have an issue, why don't you write to the journalists and send us a copy here

Idiot


Yes I have a journalism degree. Happy now? Stupid idiot!!!
I will write to your stupid mother first before i write to any journalist. Stupid bigot!!
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 59407
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby Imam Stillro Kojo Asamoah » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:00 pm

keen observer wrote:
Post wrote:
keen observer wrote:
damian wrote:
And coming from ITF and WTA's main site is still not credible enough?


I mentioned laziness and sloppiness, not credibility. You will not find an article from 10 years ago calling it a grand slam title.
I can see this same trend forcing its way into golf, but the purist have held it at bay. 5 years from now, someone wins a major in golf and they will be calling it a grand slam title too..


Nonsense! Do you have a journalism degree or even a certificate?

And do not confuse the issue by bringing in Golf. Is there something like winning a Grand Slam in Golf before a Grand Slam Title in Golf springs up

Make coherent arguments.

And if you have an issue, why don't you write to the journalists and send us a copy here

Idiot


Yes I have a journalism degree. Happy now? Stupid idiot!!!
I will write to your stupid mother first before i write to any journalist. Stupid bigot!!

Write to your mother first. Blame her for giving birth to an in bred grapenut like you. You always have to demonstrate that you were reared by a billy goat. Okwadonto
Imam Stillro Kojo Asamoah
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 8434
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:33 am

Postby keen observer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Imam Stillro Kojo Asamoah wrote:
keen observer wrote:
Post wrote:
keen observer wrote:
damian wrote:
And coming from ITF and WTA's main site is still not credible enough?


I mentioned laziness and sloppiness, not credibility. You will not find an article from 10 years ago calling it a grand slam title.
I can see this same trend forcing its way into golf, but the purist have held it at bay. 5 years from now, someone wins a major in golf and they will be calling it a grand slam title too..


Nonsense! Do you have a journalism degree or even a certificate?

And do not confuse the issue by bringing in Golf. Is there something like winning a Grand Slam in Golf before a Grand Slam Title in Golf springs up

Make coherent arguments.

And if you have an issue, why don't you write to the journalists and send us a copy here

Idiot


Yes I have a journalism degree. Happy now? Stupid idiot!!!
I will write to your stupid mother first before i write to any journalist. Stupid bigot!!

Write to your mother first. Blame her for giving birth to an in bred grapenut like you. You always have to demonstrate that you were reared by a billy goat. Okwadonto


See the impotent idiot too.. :arrow: :arrow:
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 59407
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby Akokora Gyeene » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 pm

In golf, the Grand Slam, refers to winning all 4 majors in the same year. It's not used in the same way in tennis. In tennis each major is referred to as a grand slam
User avatar
Akokora Gyeene
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 27957
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OHIO

Postby keen observer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Akokora Gyeene wrote:In golf, the Grand Slam, refers to winning all 4 majors in the same year. It's not used in the same way in tennis. In tennis each major is referred to as a grand slam


It is used in the same way. That was how the term was used until some lazy, sloppy, uneducated journalist started diluting the phrase.
keen observer
Professor
Professor
 
Posts: 59407
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby Priceless Legacy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 pm

keen observer wrote:
Priceless Legacy wrote:
keen observer wrote:
African wrote:It was Williams' first Grand Slam title since she won at the All England Club two years ago. Shortly after winning that title, Williams cut her feet on glass at a restaurant, leading to a series of health problems, including being hospitalized for clots in her lungs.

"I never dreamt of being here again, being so down," Williams said. "Never give up. You can continue."


I am so happy for her.


There is nothing called a "grand slam title"..Lazy journalist are making some of you look silly everyday.
Your stupidity mystifies ur fellow idiots. Off course there is something called a Grand Slam Title, US Open, Austrailian Open, French Open and Wimbledon are all known as Grand Slam Titles.

As For Williams being the greatest i would say one of them alongside Navaratalova, and Graff.


STFU, you stupid ignorant idiot!!
Impotent prick
Priceless Legacy
BSc
BSc
 
Posts: 7130
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Doctor No » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:14 pm

This thread is nothing without the pictures of Serena's muscular ikebe. :P
Doctor No
Phd
Phd
 
Posts: 34405
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:17 am

Previous

Return to Other Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests